New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike Chidester
Forum Player

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2009 :  22:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Meyer Frei Fechter Guild has graciously volunteered to host my new Fiore article until such time as my school's new site is up and running. It contains a brief rundown of the several Fiore manuals followed by a full concordance of Fiore's plays (using the Getty as the reference) and an index of the Fiore resources currently available.

[url=http://freifechter.com/article7.cfm]Examining the Nine Petals of the Flower of Battle[/url] (also in [url=http://freifechter.com/images/fiore_concordance.pdf]PDF[/url])

This was the template for a book project of mine that seems unlikely to ever come to fruition (largely because some of the museums involved refuse to play ball). It's also the sort of resource that I looked for and didn't find when I began studying Fiore a few years ago. I hope it helps get more people into the study of this extraordinary master.

This article, along with one other that I have planned, are essentially the bookends of my current period of Fiore research. The other article, which I haven't begun writing yet, will present an interpretation of his longsword teachings that differs significantly from the mainstream, one that I hope will be sufficiently controversial as to make people take a hard look at a lot of issues and assumptions that they currently consider settled. Look for that one in a month or two.

Michael Chidester
Senior Instructor
True Edge Academy
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Exiles Forum © 2006-2012 The Exiles Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000